Banner

Banner

Friday, February 20, 2015

Pulled Work Embroidery

For my mothers birthday I created a small center piece for her tea table. I had a small piece of linen that was just asking to be used.

I packed up the piece and mailed it before I remembered I didn't take a picture after I removed the pencil outline and nicely ironed it. But here it is just missing the pulled corners which are pictured at the bottom of this post.

I wanted to play with pulled work so I used this tutorial for my edging, i didn't have enough fabric to follow the whole hem, so I blanket stitched all around and left the fringe.
Blanket stitch and pulled work
It turned out lovely, especially as this was my second time trying pulled work. I found a bird cage at thegraphicfairy.com that I inspired my middle 
I would love to put this image on a piece of wood for my own house. The bird cage base is embroidered using an medieval detach button hole stitch found here it was fun and easy to follow and do, and the cage itself is using a Portuguese stem stitch tutorial found here

In all four corners I added this sunburst, the tutorial I found here was for a hole line of the sunburst in a row. But I didn't think it would work for my piece, plus I was running out of time. I should mention that the tutorial isn't in English but the pictures are all you really need.


No comments:

Post a Comment