Banner

Banner

Monday, January 28, 2013

Sweater boots

So UrbanThreads has a sweater boot tutorial that seemed like a lot of fun (click here)
Flats and sweater arms, I'm so using those gold rings later

But, I didn't have ultimate success :(

I followed the steps


Gathering my materials











Fitting the sweaters arms to my leg
Pinned to fit the leg, ready for sewing


Sewing the seams and gluing the shoes to the sweater.


Glued. Starting at the sole was the best method
I needed to trim the sweater off the flat at the top
The pre-cuff product











and then creating my cuff, I had fun putting the different fabrics and adding some machine embroidery. 
An issue develop while adding the cuff to the boot top.










The sweater I chose is ribbed and stretches more the the tutorial sweater did, so the top of my boot doesn't look right :(

This is going to take longer to figure out but I will eventually figure out a way to make the top look appealing to me. When that happens I will post a picture.
Its too wet in Chicago to wear these yet anyway.....

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! Even if you aren't satisfied with the finished product. I love them.

    ReplyDelete