Banner

Banner

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Revamped iPhone case

This fall I traded in my malfunctioning blackberry and joined the Iphone owners club.
I was really excited to get a case for my phone but wasn't willing to pay Apples prices. So when I found this case at a Ohio mall and was ecstatic.

Unfortunately, the case didn't hold up and it wasn't too long before the lovely red birds started to rubbed off.

Since the case was still functional, just no longer pretty I decided to use it for this weeks craft.

Supplies
Mod Podge
sewing scissors
paper scissors
paint brush
perminate pen
tape
fun fabric

I cut my fabric to fit my phone. In this case my back square (blue) was 5in by 3in and the red was cut in 1/4in stripes








Next I taped the fabric to the back of the case so I could mark where I needed to cut out earphone holes and such were. See the arrows.


After that it was a matter of painting the mod podge on to the case and placing the fabric.
I wanted to start at the camera whole and match edges from there. That was the most important area to me





Once everything was even sans corners, I cut a square out of the fabric and spread the fabric flat. Adding extra glue.



Doing the same for the top portion, but with more care. I ended up with this.
Yes, I'm happy with my new case :)
- b

No comments:

Post a Comment