Banner

Banner

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Simple Cord bag - Pinterest inspiration

Life has been really hectic these past few weeks. My school schedule starts tomorrow and I've yet to be home for 5days. Holiday traveling is really fun, but I need to get back into my routine.
Funny story, my craft for this week was left in Ohio so it didn't get finished on the bus ride home. So instead I will tell you about my gift to my eldest sister for Christmas.

I totally saw this on pinterest. Since I had been meaning to try one of the multiple picture tutorials that are clearly from a Chinese website I thought Christmas was as good as time as any.







I didn't have all the materials, like the zipper or the felt, so I added a flap to the pattern and used an iron on interface to stiffen the fabric.
I free handed this pattern (based off the pin tutorial)
and used this to make the red bag in the photo.

I was pretty happy with the first attempt, but I need to fix the pattern and try again with my new machine before I post the how to and pattern :)
I would like to have straighter seams (impossible with my old sewing machine) and a zipper closure.




- B

No comments:

Post a Comment