Banner

Banner

Friday, March 01, 2013

Late post: Chore Chart

So I realize that this post is a week late, but this doesn't mean I didn't do my craft!
I've just been having trouble with internet and uploading photos.

This week project was a Chore Chart

The project is for my roommates (4 boys and 1 other girl) and I to keep our apartment tidy with equal contribution. I wanted it to be self managed and no need for one person to be in charge of switching papers, writing new months or resetting anything. Searching online didn't help, but a conversation with a co-worker did.

This is my first idea, not implemented for the fact that it needed a manager.

All the items are important but Daily, Weekly and Monthly wouldn't have worked with us. So after talking to a co-worker and hearing how she rotated Chores I came up with this!

CHORE CHART

Supplies:
Magnetic board (I used my roommates calendar board from target we weren't using)
Paper
Magnets
Strong tape (I used duck tape when I got the ok from the roommates)
Pins (I used safety pins)
Paper (I used beige and black)
Ruler
Pens/Markers
Scissors



First I covered the board with paper, outlined the boxes free handed the instructions and that made the base
 Then I cut 2"x2" squares black and beige and wrote the important chores on the black and the optional but necessary chores on the beige.

The squares were temporally taped with scotch but after everyone ok'd the chart I used black duck tape (not shown)

The optional chores where taped to safety pins and stuck to the pin area which was covered in black paper.

Its been working, which is the most important part :)

No comments:

Post a Comment