Banner

Banner

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Embroidery Project - Dancer Pillow case



I was at my parents for Christmas and my mom loaned me this book. Its the Readers Digest 1972 Complete Guide to Needlework.
I found a way to pack it in my bag for the plan ride home. This book has embroidery techniques that I didn't even know existed, thanks to the fact that samplers have disappeared.

I created a design by hand using google images, after that I selected two stitches I wanted to try

The outline stitch

The embellishment stitch
and this was my final product


The dancers are on a pillow case and you can see from my lines that I haven't washed it yet (or ironed it for that matter)

I must say I'm really happy with the out come. Here are some close ups on the tie and belt







No comments:

Post a Comment