Banner

Banner

Monday, March 11, 2013

Experiment with Bottlecaps and glue




So I have collected two jars of bottle caps and I wanted to make something with them.
My idea was dried flower with a resin on top of the scene, inside the bottle cap.
But before I went out and create a whole bunch of bottle caps I wanted to find a replacement for resin.
Apparently resin is stinky, expensive and a chemical. Not something I want to deal with in the winter.












So I choose:



Tacky Glue
Hot Glue
Modge Podge









Created a nice scene with my dried flowers and filled three bottle caps with the glues



Then I waited 4 DAYS


I think I used too much glue and the modge podge had air bubbles, but I think I could use those two glues if I was willing to wait a week for them to dry.
The Super glue was clear before it dried but really its just gross, so thats a definite no.

Come back in a couple weeks to see what I do with my non resin bottle caps

No comments:

Post a Comment